Sticky is committed to world's best practise in the safe, hygienic preparation of food, particularly in this current climate. We welcome your questions or feedback at any time. Below is a list of just some of the ways we are working to make sure what we do is safe at all times.
We are guided in the current climate by the following important NSW and Australian Government resources on Food Safety and Health.
- Equipment is cleaned and sterilised at the beginning of each day, between production runs, and at the end of day.
- Staff wear personal protective equipment at all times during production, including two (2) layers of gloves, to ensure that the candy is never touched by human hand.
- Staff with hair of any length must wear protective headgear or have hair tightly bound.
- In regular operation, our work, although visible to the public, is carried out behind 1.5m sneeze glass and customers are never within 1.5m of our production process.
- For the duration of the current restrictions, our 60sqm premises is limited to no more than 6 people, including staff. We are urging people not to visit our premises during this period except for collections, and to phone ahead when they do. We have markings on the floor indicating safe distances for visitors in compliance with the current advice.
- We do not currently accept cash transactions of any kind. All payments must be made by card or Direct Transfer.
- We maintain a rigorous protocol of hand washing, on any entrance to our premises, and a minimum of 6 thorough washings per day throughout the day, monitored through a written compliance form.
- Staff who exhibit symptoms of discomfort or illness at any time are to be immediately placed on sick leave and removed from the premises.
- Our product is stored in individual, heat-sealed bags to ensure zero risk of contamination.
- Our product is cooked to over 150 degrees celsius, and is of extraordinarily low risk of any form of microbiological contamination.
- Our packaging process is designed to ensure that the risk of contact between human skin and the finished product is minimised.
- Policies, practises and training are reviewed regularly to ensure staff compliance and the maintenance of standards.
- As part of the conditions of their employment, all our staff are expected to maintain rigorous social distancing in compliance with the instructions of the authorities outside of the workplace, and encouraged strongly to isolate themselves completely wherever possible.
- The European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) has released a statement saying that food is not a likely source or route of transmission of the virus. Read the statement.
- We do not currently wear face masks during production. According to NSW Health and the Clinical Health Commission, "face asks are not recommended for the general population. People who have symptoms and might be infected with COVID-19 are required to stay in isolation at home and should wear a surgical face mask when in the same room as another person and when seeking medical advice to reduce the risk of transmitting COVID-19 to anyone else. Health care workers who are caring for patients with suspected COVID-19 should use appropriate personal protective equipment to protect themselves against COVID-19. Read the advice here
- We are reviewing Best Practice Guidelines and the instructions of Authorities daily to ensure that we are up to date with the latest advice in a fast changing environment. Should any of the guidelines change, so will our practises.