Wedding favours are a chance to say thank you to your guests for joining in the celebration of your special day. Now, as many of you bride-to-be’s know, there is a myriad of websites selling the perfect favour for your special day, but do you want a run-of-the-mill favour, or a unique wedding favour that the guests will remember?
The key to choosing a unique wedding favour is to think about what your guests will appreciate, use and enjoy, during or after the wedding that will remind them of you and your special day. Candy can be enjoyed on the trip home from the wedding celebration and adds to the sweetness of the day, while a magnet can be featured on your guests’ fridge for years to come. To make your favour unique, think outside the square and try to add a quirk or characteristic that you and your partner will be remembered by.
We present to you 10 unique wedding favour ideas to get your creative juices flowing:
1. Custom designed candy – can put you and your lover’s name, or the date of your special day
2. Thongs/flip flops so the guests can kick off their heels and continue dancing in comfort
3. A plant that guests can take home as a memoir of your day
4. A personalised coaster with a photo of the happy couple
5. A CD featuring your favourite songs or songs from the wedding ceremony and reception
6. If your wedding is a summer affair, why not provide beautiful fans for your guests to cool themselves during and after the ceremony
7. Glow sticks or sparklers are a fun and inexpensive way to light up the night
8. Popcorn in a cute custom designed box is the perfect treat for the drive home
9. Homemade jam or marmalade in a personalised jar
10. Heart shaped wine stopper or bottle opener
Whether you prefer a tasty treat or a thank you that will last a lifetime, unique wedding favours are the perfect way to add quirk to your lovely day.